Arrival and First Day
We know the thought of arriving in a new country can be stressful, especially if you are travelling alone for the first time. That’s why we are there to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At any point during your arrival or stay you can can call us on our emergency telephone number (you will be given this number when you book). We will make your arrival a no-stress experience.
You are not alone when you come to EC. Not only can we be there to meet you when you arrive, we'll also be there throughout your trip to make sure that your stay is fun, safe and problem-free, with a strong support network to make you as comfortable as possible.
This page is a short overview on what you can expect upon arriving. We will send you much more detailed information when you have booked your course.
For a convenient and easy arrival, we can meet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation. When you have booked your flight, tell us your arrival airport terminal, time of arrival and flight number.
You will be met at the arrival gate by an EC driver with an EC sign.
If you do not see the sign, please go to the airport's information desk and call our emergency number which you will receive in your booking information.
If you are making your own travel arrangements to London, please make sure you have the full address of your homestay, residence or hotel on arrival in the UK.
2015 Airport Transfers and Public Transport Travel Times
We can arrange to pick you up and take you to your EC accommodation from the following airports/stations or you can use public transport.
- Gatwick: £115 or 30 minutes by train to London King’s Cross Station/ 30 minutes from London Victoria.
- Heathrow: £105 or 1 hour by London Underground to London Victoria/ 30 minutes from London Paddington.
- Southend: £135 or 55 minutes by train to Liverpool Street Station
- Stansted: £125 or 1 hour by train to London Liverpool Street Station
- Luton: £125 or 40 minutes by train to London St. Pancras Station
- London St. Pancras International Rail: £80
*Two students may share the cost of a transfer to the same address